Monday, August 3, 2015

Am I Marriageable?

These daily devotionals are speaking to me…here is a snippet from another one:

“Are you marriageable? Are you growing in maturity…growing in the qualities that matter regardless of your relationship status?”

My answer to that I HAVE NO IDEA!

It’s clear to the whole world I want to be married I don’t think that’s a secret but I have never really thought am I marriageable I just assumed I was.

You know I love definitions so I looked it up:

Marriageable- Fit, Suitable, or attractive for marriage, especially in being of the right age

I am taking “in being of the right age” as legal age…you can’t put an age limit on marriage.

Did the definition help me…NOPE!

Here’s the thing, my parents started dating when they were 15, and they were married as soon as they were legal and are still together.

My brother has been with his wife well over 10 years.

Heck, my nephew now has been in a relationship longer than I ever have and he is early 20’s. SMH!

I have all of this love around me yet I am just sitting here praying, wishing, blogging about finding love. What is wrong with this picture?

I agree with Forest Gump when he said life is like a box a chocolates you never know what you are going to get.

I want to think I am marriageable and that I would make an excellent wife. If I’m being honest if I would have gotten married in my 20’s I am sure I would have been divorced in my 20’s LOL!

I know I wasn’t ready then although I wanted it but I’m ready now or I think.

I always hear married people say marriage is hard & it is work. Well, I’m a hard worker so let’s go.

If I am sticking with the let go and let God then I think God is still preparing me and my Mr. Right and when he sees that we are both marriageable he will put us together.

This is my story and I’m sticking to it.




Now somebody remind me of this when I start having my woe is me moments please and thank you. Although, I may ignore you and have my moment anyway but at least you tried LOL!


Signed,

Almost 40

No comments:

Post a Comment