Thursday, April 20, 2017

The Thrill is Gone!

I wanted my 40th Birthday to be epic but life and finances are not allowing me to be great. I really wanted 40 to be different than 30. I don’t even remember my 30th birthday. I’m not sure what I did or who I was with. All I remember about 30 is being sad because I wasn’t married or didn’t have kids.


I did not want to be in Tennessee for my 40th birthday. I wanted to be on a beach with friends turning up. Yet, here we are less than a month away and I don’t have any plans. Initially, I didn’t want to do brunch or dinner because I feel like I do that almost every year but it is looking like the only option. I have reached out to some restaurants in the area with a private room but the minimums are ridiculous. I thought I found a place but once they added taxes, fees etc. it was a bit much. So, I am still at square one.

I really wanted to kick 40 off something proper like, but as we get closer and I have no plans the excitement is almost nonexistent.

I have seen a few people on my timeline who have turned 40 and they look like they had a blast at their events. I want that, dang it. The thought of my birthday coming and going and I’m home alone is the most depressing thought ever.

Beginning my 40th year has to be epic even if it’s a small epic because I feel like how you start is how you finish. I started my 30’s sad and I’m finishing them pretty much in the same place. This cannot happen for 40. 40 shall be epic if it kills me!

Signed,

Almost 40 and looking for an epic birthday turn up

6 comments:

  1. BAM! Just like that, its taken care of!!! Love ya!!! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe do an epic road trip & scavenger hunt! I hope you find something out of the box + fin to do!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love that idea. You can never go wrong with a road trip. Me too. Thanks girlie!

      Delete
  3. Do a party bus! That's what I did for Thomas'. I planned a different event every night so that all types of people could come to at least one thing. First night was dinner and a bar, the next day was brunch and pellet guns, party bus that night and the last day was the day party at acme.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those are great ideas. I did a party bus last year for my last year in my 30's. But this pellet gun sounds fun. Thanks bunches!

      Delete