Friday, August 28, 2015

Confession Friday…My Flaws!!


I haven’t confessed in a while so it was time LOL!

Kierra Sheard has a song called My Flaws if you don’t know it click the link below you will definitely be blessed.

Here’s a little bit of it:
Sometimes I talk a little too much
Don't listen enough
Sometimes it's way too easy for me to beat myself up
Sometimes I hate the way I look when I look in the mirror
One look from you I know

My flaws
You love, you love my flaws
Think they make me beautiful
You don't see them as flaws at all
That's why
That's why, that's why I love you
Cause you are, you are the one who
The one who loves my flaws


She performed it last week on Sunday Best and it resonated with me because at the time I was not thinking I look my best because my new hair didn’t do what I wanted it to do (no judgment) so I didn’t feel pretty.

 I always feel better about myself when I feel like my hair is on point and my outfit is right but when I heard this song it just reminded me that God loves me no matter what and I should love myself just the same.

I am always finding things mainly physically that I think if I change them men will start approaching me. But that is no way to think or feel.

In addition to that a man doesn’t want to hear me critique myself…men like a confident woman.

Please understand I’m not beating myself up daily but I think I am hard on myself at times and it is something I want/need to work on.

As I am growing on this journey to 40 I am adding something else to my list and that is to really, truly love myself flaws and all. And not beat myself up for what some may see as an imperfection. I was created just the way He wanted me to be.

There are a lot of things I am learning that I need to work on…as much as I want/hope this blog is helping someone it is helping me in more ways than I ever imagined.

At the end of the day I want to be truly and completely happy with myself and I think 40 is a good age to get there.

So, I’m working on it…stay tuned there is definitely more to come.

Signed,

Almost 40

No comments:

Post a Comment