Saturday, July 18, 2015

This was NOT the plan!

This is not how I planned my life out and before you say it I know…If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Let me give you a little back story about me…I was the little girl who always wanted to be married with kids. I am not sure if I have ever said the words I don’t want to get married or I don’t want kids. This is something I have always wanted, yet here I am late 30’s and I have neither.

I had my whole life planned out…I was going to meet Mr. Right in college, get engaged after we graduated and then we would both work a couple of years while planning this fabulous wedding (of course my wedding was already planned I just had to bring it to life). After marriage we would buy a house with a white picket fence, have 2.5 kids, and a dog. Yes, I am scared of dogs but stay with me LOL!

Cue Romantic music:

At the rehearsal I would have on an all-white jogging suit with the future Mrs.___ on the back.
The wedding would be perfect, my dress princess style, my hair in curls with the top pinned up. Shoes… White Keds decorated with lace and pearls (the shoes the daughter wore in Father of the Bride), my colors Blush and Bashful (from the movie Steel Magnolias) you see I have been planning for years.
Add curls and this is my vision!Add curls and this is my vision...I figured you needed a visual!


The next day we would have a BBQ where my husband & I would have on t-shirts that say just married!

Our honeymoon would be in Disney World...because it is the greatest place on earth!

You see the plan was perfect, flawless if I must say so myself… Yet, it still hasn’t happened; I can’t even say I’ve been close.

According to my plans I should be celebrating about 15 years of marriage at this point.

But instead I’m only celebrating starting a blog…which is exciting don’t get me wrong but celebrating a wedding anniversary would be nice, or a kids birthday.

I guess it is true if you want to make God laugh tell him your plans & he will show you his.
I have no clue what the future holds …BUT I do know I should probably stop planning!

Signed,

Almost 40

No comments:

Post a Comment