Monday, September 21, 2015

What I Learned At My 20-Year Class Reunion!


My 20-year class reunion was Labor Day weekend and it was a good time…it was so great to catch up with everyone. There were some people who the last time I saw them was graduation day June 1995.

Part of our reunion was touring our old school and we went in classrooms, shared stories, tried to remember who did what, who fought who etc. and laughed until I think we cried.

At the end of that portion I remember thinking I didn’t go to our 10-year class reunion because I felt like I wasn’t where I wanted to be in my life and was afraid of the judgment and/or of being questioned.

As I spent the weekend with my classmates I thought no one really cares if I’m married, if I have kids, if I’m making the big bucks this really is about reminiscing and being thankful that most of us are still here to celebrate.

So, what I learned is that geez get out of my head sometime, stop living in my feelings, and try to enjoy the NOW. No one knows what the future holds (well God) but if I keep living in my feelings and worrying about my future I’m going to miss my right now.

So, another one of my goals for this journey is just to live…now those are 3 simple words but for someone like me it is probably going to be one of the hardest things I will ever try to do.

 I don’t know that I have ever lived in the moment, I am always thinking about my next thing.

But it is worth a shot…to just live and not think about what tomorrow brings because if I’m being really honest tomorrow is not promised to any of us so I need to just enjoy my here and now!

Now, will I do it is the question…I have no idea BUT I’m going to try and that’s all I can do right.

Signed,

Almost 40

No comments:

Post a Comment