Wednesday, March 1, 2017

Stress is the Devil!!

Me All Day LOL!
I know that yet I continue to let it run my life. The crazy part is I know it doesn’t have to.

I went home this past weekend...trips home always make me remember that my life doesn’t really suck and I can really enjoy life! I enjoy spending time with my crazy parents…they really should have their own reality show. I sleep better, my mind seems to be at ease, and I just have a good time.


It’s as if for those couple of days I don’t live in reality and/or I know how to forget about my reality and just enjoy life. So, the big question is why the hell can’t I do that daily???
The fact is my life does not suck, actually it is a pretty good life overall…I have some first world problems but I am sure if I took a survey there are so many people dealing with the same crap I am yet they don’t let it take them down.
I looked up symptoms of stress and below are a few that I experience:
Emotional symptoms of stress include:
  • Becoming easily agitated, frustrated and moody
  • Feeling overwhelmed, like you are losing control or need to take control
  • Having difficulty relaxing and quieting your mind
  • Avoiding others.

    Physical symptoms of stress include:
  • Low energy
  • Headaches
  • Rapid heartbeat
  • Insomnia ( I never sleep LOL)
My biggest stressor right now is work/my boss and it is trying to take me out. Work/my boss usually keeps me on 1000 daily and I take it home with me, I dread going to work the next day before the next day even begins which is awful.

I went to my good friend google to find some ways to manage this devil called stress…here are five steps to start controlling your stress from Don Joseph Goewey with the Huffington Post.

1: Bust Stressful-Provoking Thoughts: Be aware all day of stress-provoking thoughts as they occur. Tell yourself: These thoughts are in me, not in reality. Then refuse to believe the stressful thought and see what happens to your experience. An anxious thought not believed doesn’t turn into stress.

2: Stop Worrying (The Clear Button): Imagine there is a button at the center of your palm that, when pushed, signals the brain to stop worrying. Keep pressing the button while you slowly count to three, thinking of each number as a color. As you exhale on the final breath, let your mind go completely and relax into the present moment. Repeat the process until your worries are gone.

3: Start Each Day in Quiet: Set aside five minutes first thing each morning to frame a positive mindset. Feel appreciation for the gift of another day of life. Set your intention to have a rewarding day. Commit yourself to being at peace on the inside, regardless of what happens on the outside.

4: Take Regular Breaks: A 15-20 minute break every two hours allows your brain to rebound. So, every two hours step away from your work and go outside or to a window. Watch the clouds pass, the wind blow, or the sun shine, allowing your mind to grow quiet and to connect with life.

5: Count Your Blessings: Once a week, at bedtime, recall three things that happened during the previous week for which you are grateful. Then acknowledge three things in your life for which you feel blessed.

These five things sound pretty simple but then again I can make putting socks on difficult so I will go with baby steps and try one  a week and see how it goes. I am not making any promises because I am truly a work in progress.
If you are stressed or feel stressed out like me share with me some things that you do to control stress or avoid it all together.  
Signed,
Almost 40 and a work in progress


No comments:

Post a Comment