Friday, March 10, 2017

Do You Ever Feel Guilty For Having a Lazy Day?

Am I though?

This past weekend was crazy busy in addition as I shared last week I haven’t really been sleeping well so I was exhausted. I was off Monday and I literally did not do a thing. I barely ate.


I had an event I really wanted to go to and really felt like I needed to be there. I had loads of laundry to do, and some other things I needed to do (I will not share those things because I will be judged LOL) yet I did nothing. I slept and watched TV.



But for some reason I felt super guilty like I should have been productive and it’s strange. It’s not like this is the first time I have had a lazy day but for some weird reason on Monday the guilt was real.


I felt like I was just plain ol lazy. For a few years I worked two jobs and barely had one off day and I was so productive I would meal prep, do laundry, clean etc. now on free days I don't want to do anything.

I’m not sure if age is catching up with me…I mean I am almost 40 like for real! Is it lack of adequate rest, poor food choices I don’t know. I just know Monday I could not  and did not want to function.

I know I’ve spoken about self-care and I know a me day is a part of that and sometime that really is doing nothing. So, why did I feel guilty?

The sad part is I want to do it again Sunday after church. But maybe I will clean something first and then I won’t feel guilty.

Do you ever feel guilty for taking a day off? And if so how do you get over it?

Signed,
Almost 40 and feeing lazy

No comments:

Post a Comment