Wednesday, February 3, 2016

I use to hate February but now I don’t!!


Sing the title to the beat of Lauryn Hill & Mary J Blige’s “I use to love him” LOL!

If you are a friend, family member or have followed me on social media the last several years you know I despise February.
If you aren’t sure exactly how I feel about it…this clip pretty much sums it up! Click here to see how I feel about this stupid holiday!

I totally get it…its black history month & two of my favorite people in the world were born in February...my daddy and my nephew!

But that stupid holiday is also in February...que the violin... VALENTINES DAY!!

And because of that for more years than I care to admit I have hated this month. I haven't had a Valentine or a stupid date on this day in years. So, when I walk in every freaking store and it looks like Valentine’s Day has thrown up I'm like UGHHH!!

BUT now I am almost 40 and I'm supposed to be growing and embracing life so this year I'm going to love February...treat myself to a nice gift, go out and buy me some flowers and be THANKFUL  that my daddy and my nephew are here celebrating another birthday.

Now I would be lying if I said I didn't want a Valentine but this year I'm going to do my best to not dwell on it and live in my feelings. This year I want to acknowledge that it sucks because I'm single yet again but move on. Not be sad for the next couple of weeks.

I still may or may not do a big side eye when I walk in Target or Walmart and all I see is red, pink, hearts, and bears, oh my…hey I'm human and I'm allowed to have a moment. They key is not to live in it and that's my goal this month.

And who knows maybe next year this post will be totally different...I just may have a date and/or a Valentine!!! A girl can dream right
!!

Signed,
Almost 40

No comments:

Post a Comment