Sunday, February 14, 2016

Three Words I Thought I Would Never Say!!

Hope It's a Great One!

Happy Valentine’s Day!! If you know me and /or have followed me on social media you know I am usually the Grinch who stole Valentine’s Day but not this year.

In addition to today being Valentine’s Day I am also going to a baby shower… attending a baby shower on the biggest couple holiday of the year would typically make me the queen of woe is me!

But not today I am okay… In the words of Nivea’ song “Okay” I am feeling good, feeling great, I look good, don’t hate! Granted no one is hating on me but it is a part of the song LOL!

Today, I’m happy…I’m not sad because I’m single and dateless I’m genuinely happy. Of course there are things I am concerned about but overall life isn’t bad so I am not going to spend this day being a Grinch.

I even have on red to really make a statement…usually I wear all black to really show my misery.

This may seem small to some people but it’s big for me…I have hated this holiday for years and I have the Facebook posts to show it. I mean sat in my house super sad…roughly sad 2 weeks in February so the fact that I’m not on February 14, 2016 I am proud of me and patting myself on the back.

I am a work in progress and as I continue in this journey I am learning that life really is what you make it and I want to make mine happy.  I would be lying if I said I didn’t hope/pray one day that I will be celebrating Valentine’s Day with a boo and maybe even a kid but this one I am celebrating with some awesome friends and that’s totally okay.

Now, let’s be clear because I do not want judgment later…there very well maybe a woe is me day in the near future…I’m human! So, continue to pray for me on this journey!

I hope everyone enjoys their Valentine’s Day and whatever it brings you…I’m definitely going to enjoy mine. Might even treat myself to a nice dinner!

Signed,

Almost 40

No comments:

Post a Comment