Thursday, December 8, 2016

Christmas can be…


A sad time for this single almost 40 girl...you've heard the song...What do the lonely do at Christmas LOL! I mean I would love to have a date to a fancy Christmas party, ride around to see all the Christmas lights in rich neighborhoods and go to ICE in Opryland (see image below).
This is ICE! I'm going one day






And even more I love to see Christmas through a child’s eye and my own child would be awesome. Having a house with an adult tree and my kid’s tree, picking out gifts for them and seeing their excitement when they open them.


But this year is different…I would be lying if I said it didn’t cross my mind but I'm not Big sad...maybe little sad but overall I’m super excited about Christmas. Enjoying what Christmas is about.

I’m excited about parties with friends, exchanging gifts and getting gifts of course, eating a lot of food that is not going to put me on the 40 & Fab list, getting new Christmas pajamas ( I LOVE pj’s), and having a few days to spend with my favs…the parentals and last but not least beating my dad at our movie challenge we have every Christmas. Basically, we each choose a movie and the person who chooses the best movie gets bragging rights for the year. SN: I won last year J!

And the biggest thing (drumroll please) figuring out my 2017 and how I am going to enjoy my year of 40. Yes, I plan to celebrate all year. 40 is a big deal…I mean hello I started a blog about it LOL!

One thing I know for sure is that we must make our own happiness! We can be sad and do nothing or we can be sad (I totally think it is okay to have a moment or two) but the goal is to come out of it and enjoy what you have.

Dance like no one is watching!

I LOVE Cupcakes and Hot Chocolate




Enjoy the little things


So, people let's turn up...we are not getting any younger!

I’ve said it before and I’ll keep saying it because I am speaking truth into existence. I AM NOT going into my 40’s like I did my 30’s point, blank, and the period. I am enjoying this next phase of my life dang it!!!!

Signed,

Almost 40 and ready for Christmas

No comments:

Post a Comment