Saturday, July 18, 2015

The word Single!

Single as an adjective:
  • Not having or including another
  • Only one
  • Not married or not having a serious romantic relationship with someone
Single as a noun:
  • An unmarried person and especially one who is young and socially active
So, this is who I am in a nutshell…interesting right?

Why did I look this up? I wanted to know when I said I was single what does that really mean, what am I saying.

Yes, I’m single but I’m living, I’m laughing, and having fun.

No, I don’t have another and yes I am only one but one can be fun. Netflix and junk food…can you say best time ever!

Then this “especially one who is young and socially active” what if you aren’t young but you are only one then what are you??? I need to have a discussion with Webster.

I say all of that to get to this…this word just makes you feel something. For some people they are happy about, others it makes them sad. And some just don’t care.

As for me there are times I’m content with it…happy maybe to strong of a word and if I’m being honest there are times I get sad about it. Either way I always care!

Regardless of how you feel about this word… the word changes you, it makes you feel something…puts you in a category, makes you different.

Today, I’m okay with being single but even as I type it I feel something. By the time I post this I could be having a woe is me moment.

But what I do know is that I want a new word because I just don’t like the way it makes me feel!
Is it just me?

Any suggestions on a new word?

Signed,

Almost 40

No comments:

Post a Comment