Saturday, July 18, 2015

So, He’s Really Not Going To Just Knock On My Door???


I LOVE staying in chilling on the couch watching TV on the weekends!
Shout out to me!!! LOL
Shout out to me!!! LOL
My weeks are usually pretty busy & I don't go to bed like normal people so I'm typically worn out by Friday night.

I do like hanging out with my friends and we always have a blast but if they don’t want to hang out I'm like DVR here I come.

If I have 2 weekends in a row home then I usually want to get out…usually LOL!

People always say how are you going to meet somebody if you don’t get out of the house.

My first question… you mean Mr. Right is not going to come to my door? I mean he is supposed to be looking for me duh.

My second question… where do you meet him? The people say church. I don’t miss many Sunday’s and I have NEVER met anyone at church.

When I am out with my friends I can count on one hand literally how many times I have been approached and I would probably have fingers left over.

I’m not aggressive, kind of old fashion…I want someone to approach me. Back in the day that was how it worked. But now people say you have to approach him, buy him a drink. Ummm…

Believe it or not I am shy…I know you are shocked. Not in general but if I am interested in a guy all this coolness you see goes out the window.

On top of my shyness I have a huge fear of rejection! On a scale of 1-10…It’s 1 million!
I know, no one likes to get rejected but it’s a part of life blah, blah, blah…well, I am not about that life.

I know I am almost 40 so something has to change I mean clearly my way isn’t working.

Or I could start ordering regularly from UPS or Fed-Ex and answer the door in my date outfits with mascara and lip gloss until Mr. Right comes knocking. Don’t knock it, it could work.

But seriously I know I need to put my big girl panties on and be more open, take chances, and break-up with my DVR and Netflix. I mean this journey to 40 is about growth. This is going to be hard!

Let’s all pray for me…okay?

Signed,

Almost 40

No comments:

Post a Comment